All too often we are faced with a situation of removing viruses from one or several of our computers at home or in the office where we work. At PC Paramedic we have all the necessary tools and software for removing viruses from virtually any type of computer and giving you the computer virus removal West Palm Beach you need.
As many of us have seen, a computer virus can strike on a computer at any time with little or no warning and at that point you are in need of computer virus removal West Palm Beach. The damage caused can be from something minor to a catastrophic loss. Even though a computer virus is a very small software program that spreads from one computer to another computer and that interferes with a computers operation. Therefore, you must never open an e-mail attachment unless you know who sent the message or unless you are expecting the e-mail attachment. Computer viruses can be disguised as various types of attachments attachments like pictures of funny images, greeting cards, or audio and video files. Computer viruses can also be spread by using corrupted downloads while on the Internet. Computer viruses can be hidden in other places such as pirated software or in various other files or programs that you may download at some time.
Common Areas Which Can Be Effected By A Virus:
|Boot Sector Virus
Direct Action Virus
File Infection Virus
|Web Scripting Virus|
The symptoms of a computer virus in a computer:
If you have a suspicion or you have confirmed your computer has been infected with a computer virus, obtain a version of a current antivirus software. The following hints show some of the primary indicators that you may have a computer infected with some form of a virus:
- The computer seems to run slower than usual.
- The computer stops responding, or it locks up frequently.
- The computer crashes then restarts every few minutes.
- The computer restarts on its own. Additionally, the computer does not run as usual.
- Various applications on the computer do not work correctly.
- Disks or disk drives are inaccessible.
- You cannot print items correctly.
- You see unusual error messages on your monitor.
- You see distorted menus and dialog boxes.
- An antivirus program is disabled for no reason. Additionally, the antivirus program cannot be restarted.
- An antivirus program cannot be installed on the computer, or the antivirus program will not run. If this happens, you should take your computer to a repair facility and have them install the computer virus protection for you.
- New icons appear on the desktop that you did not put there, or the icons are not associated with any recently installed programs.
- Strange sounds or music plays from the speakers unexpectedly.
- A program disappears from the computer even though you did not intentionally remove the program.
These are just a few of the common signs of infection. However, these signs may also be caused by hardware failure or software problems that are not caused by a computer virus. Unless you run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, and then you install industry-standard, up-to-date computer virus protection software on your computer, you cannot guarantee whether a computer is infected with some form of a computer virus or not.
The symptoms of worms and trojan horse viruses in e-mail messages
When a computer virus infects e-mail messages or infects other files on a computer, you may notice the following symptoms:
- The infected file may make copies of itself. This behavior may use up all the free space on the hard disk.
- The computer virus may reformat the hard disk. This behavior will delete files and programs.
- The computer virus may install hidden programs, such as pirated software. This pirated software may then be distributed and sold from the computer.
- The computer virus may reduce security. This could enable intruders to remotely access the computer or the network.
- Someone tells you that they have recently received e-mail messages from you that contained attached files that you did not send.
- A copy of the infected file may be sent to all the addresses in an e-mail address list.
- You receive an e-mail message that has a strange attachment. When you open the attachment, dialog boxes appear, or a sudden degradation in system performance occurs.
What is Spyware?
Spyware can install on your computer without your knowledge. These programs can change your computer’s configuration or personal information. Spyware is designed to track your internet searching habits and can possibly redirect web site activity by a user.
Some symptoms of Spyware
When a computer becomes affected by Spyware, the following problems may result:
- Slow internet connection.
- Changing your web browser’s home page.
- Loss of internet connectivity.
- Failure to be able to open some programs, including your security software.
- Unable to visit specific websites, which may include redirecting you to another one.
We feel this information will be helpful in making a determination into what type of virus you may have on your computer and how to remove it. If you are not sure, contact PC Paramedic for all your virus removal West Palm Beach needs along with the other services we offer.
For Computer Class training go to http://www.pcprofessor.com/.
A Division of PC Professor: Think Computer, think PC Professor!