In all industries today, developing your small business computer security West Palm Beach is a very essential part of protecting your company from spyware, viruses, hackers, and various other threats which lurk in cyberspace. To ensure that you are fully protected from a cyber-security breach, you should consider looking at and evaluating your current and future security needs to be up to date on the proper security technologies which you need to be using daily.
Here is a small checklist dealing with business computer security West Palm Beach to get you started in the right direction.
- First, you want to begin by taking an inventory of the small business computer security West Palm Beach which you are already using.
- Is each computer protected by the proper version and type of antivirus software?
- Do your present security tools communicate properly with each other?
- Are all laptop computers as well as desktop computers protected by an adequate firewall, virtual private networks (VPNs), and proper intrusion prevention?
Taking a small business computer security West Palm Beach inventory will definitely help you to identify where you could have potential gaps in computer security protection.
Develop a detailed list of all your companies’ information assets and document how they are accessed.
This process will help to determine precisely how many layers of protection will be required for your small business computer security needs.
1. For example, of all your networked assets “such as customer data” is the most critical to your company’s continued success?
2. How much value do those assets hold?
3. Where do you store these assets and in what way are they accessed?
Consider the risks.
When developing or strengthening any small business computer security West Palm Beach solution, determine if the consequences of a security breach go beyond lost productivity or service interruptions. How much downtime can your business tolerate due to a virus? What are the risks of noncompliance with government regulations?
Consider your company’s plans for future growth. Any type of small business computer security solution should be able to accommodate an increased flow of network traffic or the running of advanced applications without any disruption of service.
Things for you to consider:
1. Will your company be adding any advanced features to your system in the future?
2. How adaptable and flexible does your system need to be?
For Computer Class training go to http://www.pcprofessor.com/.
A Division of PC Professor: Think Computer, think PC Professor!